Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Foreigner's View



Intro:
This song goes out to all the waygooks lookin’ for the place to be

Chorus:
Kickin’ it in Geumchon, Oh, Oh
Komsomnida, Annyong Haseyo
Kickin’ it in Geumchon, Oh, Oh,
Komsomnida, Annyong Haseyo
Kickin’ It, Where? In Geumchon Where?
In Geumchon. Where? In Geumchon Where?
Kickin’ it in Geumchon, Oh, Oh

Verse 1:
South Korea’s got Jeju, South Korea’s got Seoul
Busan and Ilsan if that’s how you roll
But when you work at EV, and live in Paju
Then the town to get down is 15 minutes from you, How do I get there?
Hop on the 900 bus
I use my T-money card so there’s never no fuss
Jump off at the station, or shall I say “yuk”
Are you fluent in Korean? No I got a phrasebook
Pang Pang, now we’re off to the races
To the backstreet market checkin’ out pig faces
Octupus on sale, squid 2 for 1
Let’s hit the waterpark for fun in the sun, I got my swimcap!
Baskin Robbins and Pizza Hut
Knock Domino’s down then slam Dunkin’ Donuts
Geumchon rocks, then it rocks some more
The street meat is sweet and corndogs galore

Chorus:
Kickin’ it in Gumcheon, Oh, Oh
Komsomnida, Annyong Haseyo
Kickin’ it in Gumcheon, Oh, Oh,
Komsomnida, Annyong Haseyo
Kickin’ It, Where? In Gumcheon Where?
In Gumcheon. Where? In Gumcheon Where?
Kickin’ it in Gumcheon, Oh, Oh

Verse 2:
Sometimes it’s spelled with a G, I’ve seen it spelled with a K
Sometimes it’s spelled with an E, I’ve seen the E go away
But regardless of spelling, pronunciation’s the same
The town’s so explosive, Boomchon could be it’s name
The movie theater keeps it real with no subtitles
But we never go cuz there’s no subtitles
But birthday party time it’s so simple to rally
We alls grab our balls at the bowling alley
Then to the Sky Golf hittin’ nothin’ but net
The locals wanna wager but it’s illegal to bet
If your mouth is dry, or if your throat’s got a tickle
Part for the Family Mart, to lick a popsicle
Hungry for bibim bop? The choices never stop
The spice is so nice could make a tear drop
We dedicate the bridge, but not in haste
To the cabbage that we ravage with the chili paste taste

Bridge:
Kimchi, Kimchi, it is good for you and me
Kimchi, Kimchi, it is good for you and me
Kimchi, Kimchi, it is good for you and me
Kimchi, Kimchi, it is good for you and me

Pre-Verse 3:
Kickin’ it
In Boomchon
Kickin’ it
in Boomchon

Verse 3:
When I go to Geumchon, I look at all the hotties
Those ahgashis, they got the hottest bodies
The padded bras, the high heeled shoes
Hey ladies? Can I buy you some brews?
Drinkin’ Cass-uh, drinkin’ Hite-uh
Feelin’ alright-uh, drinkin’ all night-uh
La festa’s no longer the best
Ride your scooter to Guemchon and head over to Zest
The barman’s got flair, flippin’ bottles in the air
Tom Cruise in Cocktail can’t even compare
Upstairs at Posse yogurt soju’s flowin’
Plus Froot Loop balls and the roofdeck’s blowin’
Nature videos while I’m singin’ my song
Number six one three seven at the local Noraebong
Want a night on the town? Wanna spend some won?
Come kick it with us, come kick it in Gumcheon

Chorus:
Kickin’ it in Gumcheon, Oh, Oh
Komsomnida, Annyong Haseyo
Kickin’ it in Gumcheon, Oh, Oh,
Komsomnida, Annyong Haseyo
Kickin’ It, Where? In Gumcheon Where?
In Gumcheon. Where? In Gumcheon Where?
Kickin’ it in Gumcheon, Oh, Oh

(Written by Christian Zonts. The EV Boyz are Christian Zonts, Mike Nance, and Brian Peterson)

Questions:
1. What is your opinion of this song and video?
2. What did you like or dislike?
3. Many of the things seen and mentioned in this video are seen every day in Korea. If you were writing a song or making a video about modern Korea, what would you include?

Deadline: September 21, 2009

28 comments:

EunKyungChung said...

1. The video is fun to watch but I don't like the music..
2. The good thing of this music video is that I can see the everyday life of korea from the foreigner's view, but the rhythm is not my type.
3. Students being dragged to academies till midnight, and many club people enjoying their lives in Gangnam and Hongdae.

공승준 said...

1.The music are written out and played the same way by various subjects.so very interesting video.
but I don't like the video.
2.The good thing of this music video is to show various way of life. and The bad thing of this music video is to noisy and erratic.
3.I want to incould to express love with words or deeds man and woman each other.

HongSeWon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HongSeWon said...

1.When we inform the world of korea,The music seems to be useful

2.
good
1:The music is enjoyable.
2:a song about korea
3:speak korean
bad
several inappropriate scenes

3.a night view of Seoul

sss said...

my name is song hye young.

1.
very good rap!
Interest in South Korea was amazing.

2. - South Korea's cities, as well as the countryside looks so good to see.
-

3.
high school students of Korea, a very busy and crowded modern city...
I want to show the negative aspects of Korea.

An Doyeon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
An Doyeon said...

1. The melody of song is interesting. And video is funny and strange.
2. It is introduce Korea to viewer. But there is a lot of scene about drink.
3. I want to include to the main drag of South Korea.

Jeong doo Park said...

1 Even though they're not professional singers, this music was very interesting to me. Both song and video were so funny.

2 I like that they showed foreigner's life of korea in funny.

3 If I'll make a video, that'll feature a variety of IT goods(computer, celluar phone...)

Ma jae hoon said...

1.so interested. Due to funny action, rhythm and beat.

2.it may be helpful to some travelers visitors and other foreigners. i think they can aware of how to go there, enjoy korea as well.
3. The high IT competitive power like internet.. ,Very developed Korea city SEOUL.

moonjaejun said...

1.I never figured A Foreigner's video about korea. very interesting
2.I like this music. They introduce about korea. so I like all. just thanks.
3.If I made a vedio I would put the more traditional place, food, figure.

moonjaejun said...

1.I never figured A Foreigner's video about korea. very interesting
2.I like this music. They introduce about korea. so I like all. just thanks.
3.If I made a vedio I would put the more traditional place, food, figure.

Jung won sook said...

1. That's very interesting and so fresh. This video is very useful because it can inform Geumchon of South Korea Cities.

2. I don't like this video. It is a very peculiar video that i have never watched before ever. But a bit and rhythm of music is not my music style.

3. I want to include my favorite cities of South Korea where i can feel the passion of korea. For example, Hong ik University, Gang nam, Mok dong, Sin chon and Myeong dong.

Audrey said...

Hyelee Oh (20052112)

This song shows lots of things of Korea What they see,listen and feel. If someone doesn't know about here, He can think "Korea is just like that." um... But foreign love my country. That's why thay made this song.
This song is really fun. It can make me smile and move my body.
If I have chance to make this song, I would like include about some good place to see. So they get intrest about my country. WELCOME TO KOREA!

chorong04 said...

The song and video express well their love of Korea.
I like it because the song and video let us know the way foreigners living in Korea.
If I were writing a song or making a video about modern Korea, I would include a nightlife in Korea. As you know there are many bars, clubs and pubs open until late at night. I think, the people from other counties will love it.

Seung Hyun said...

1. Music is very interesting and video is so fun.
2. I don't think that video. but i'm not prefer to listen this type.
3. If i made video, i would put korea's ordinary life. (Busy morning, free lunch time, studying student, enjoying their's life.)

Kang-Julki said...

1. It's song is very easy and it can learn to Korea so it is useful. Also it is good for us

2. It is good for us so I like it, because it is good chance to announce Korea for another nation

3. I want to inclde that famouse place in Korea so I hope many another nation's people visit to Korea

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

20053538 kim hoo seong biotechnology

1.This sona and video is fresh to me as if it is UCC in korea and i enjoy liking the music that include repeat sentences like rap.

2. it showed foreigners seem to inform korea culture and language to another and enjoy to live in korea although they are immigrants.

3. i sould like to add korea's passion alike 2002 olympic and suddenly develope into economics,IB, BT and so on. for example it is seoul,sinchon and myung dong.

Anonymous said...

1. This is hooksong. I'm addicted the melody. fun and exciting

2. the lyrics, Komsomnida, Annyong Haseyo, is funny

3. I love soup opera. so If I were writing a song about modern Korea, I mention Korean soup opera. and I include Incheon because I live in Incheon. ...and seoul subway, bus...

Unknown said...

1.It's funny. I have seen this music in news.
2.This song have very good rhythm and rhyme.
3.If I make the video, I will insult about internet custom.

Eunjeong Kim said...

1. I like this music and video because the video showed me how much they enjoy and like korean cultures and life.

2. I like scenes that showed me about daily life of koreans. And I could feel that they like korea through watching this video.

3. I would make a video about night life of koreans in Hongdae.
Because it looks so activity.

Unknown said...

1. What is your opinion of this song and video?
first if all, not bad this video and they look like enjoy in korea about their life.
second, they are make that only for fun,fun,fun.
2. What did you like or dislike?
i like their rhythm that "kamsahopnida","anneonghaseyo" and dislike thing is ridiculous style.
3. Many of the things seen and mentioned in this video are seen every day in Korea. If you were writing a song or making a video about modern Korea, what would you include?
I include our universities and gorgeous palace.

Myeong Shin Kim said...

1. I like it! This video was so fun and interesting. They are so cute when they rap with some korean words.

2. The thing that i like in this videon is the part that they introduce about Kimchi.

3. If I have a chance to make this kind of video for foreigner, I want to choose Seoul as a place to take video. I want to show about busy and active life of koreans.

songhyunwoo said...

1. I think ... As foreigners make this song, Korea's foods are famous between foriegners.
2. It was good, because foriegners like our foods,if they go to thier country, they'll be buy Korea food and we'll earn foriegn currency.
3. I want to include IT, for example cell phone, electronic dictionary, computer and so on.

Yuhyeon, Han said...

1- Watching this video was very interested for me. I was wondering how foreigners think about korea.

2- I like almost parts of this video. But one thing that i didn't like is when they mentioned about korean girls. I don't know if I misunderstood or not, but when i heard that part I thought they think korean girls are easy to hang out together.

3- I want to put more information about korean foods. They've just mentioned about Kimchi. We have lots of traditional healthy and yummy foods.

Unknown said...

my name is Kim ji sub 20052380
1. The music is very fun and exciting.
2. Foreign interested in view of Korea was good.
I think that it is opportunity to understand korea culture.
It is no bad.

3. I hope that they express Korea's food culture.

Bybee said...

I hope everyone has made a comment because this is the deadline. No more comments will be accepted.

Anonymous said...

hahah this muzik video is pretty funny.
who are those singers?

i cannot help laughing